These roasted mushrooms in garlic and thyme butter sauce are an essential side dish to have in your recipe repertoire, especially when the Holidays season is coming. Roasting mushrooms caramelizes them which brings out their full flavor; and the buttery sauce loaded with garlic and thyme rounds out this great side dish everyone will love.
Ingredients list for the Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 lb (450g) mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the mushrooms in oil, salt and pepper, place on a oven-proof skillet or baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven until golden, about 15 – 20 minutes, shaking the pan half way through.
2. Meanwhile cook butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to turn a nice hazelnut brown and lactose starts to separate, remove from heat and skim or filter out the white foam to keep only the clarified butter (a knows as ghee) and mix in the garlic, thyme and lemon juice.
3. Drain mushrooms from cooking oil if there’s any left. Transfer to a deep dish or keep in the skillet and pour in the garlic butter sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Yum!