Whether we like it bitter, sweet, dark, or light, chocolate is definitely one of the most addictive product foods in the market. Maybe, its power of attraction lays in the fact that it is able to act as a magnet for children and adults equally? Today’s recipe is a dreamy combination of chocolate, eggs and Biscoff cookies… These 3 simple ingredients blend together to create a divine dessert. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that its attractive name makes this dessert difficult to prepare, it’s the contrary! Serve this luscious chocolate mousse in pretty martini glasses, it will be well-received at a large dinner or just as a treat for your family.
Ingredients lis for Chocolate Biscoff Mousse
- 6 eggs
- 7 oz (200g) good quality chocolate
- 8-10 Biscoff cookies
- Whipped cream or Chantilly (optional)
1. Separate egg whites from the yolks. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring well. Allow to cool a bit then add the egg yolks one by one. Set aside.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
3. Fold the egg whites gently into the chocolate mixture in two batches, using a spatula.
4. Using a pastry bag, pipe the chocolate mousse in glasses: Fill 1/3 height with chocolate mousse, then crumble half of the Biscoff cookies on top. Finish with another layer of chocolate mousse.
5. Allow to cool for at least 3 hours. When serving, garnish with crumbled Biscoff and/or whipped cream.