Easy and full of flavor, this pork tenderloin wrapped in a puff blanket comes out incredibly tender and juicy. This would be perfect for a winter main dish, or a decadent date night!
Ingredients list for the pork tenderloin in puff pastry
- 1 pork tenderloin 1lb (450g)
- 1 puff pastry sheet (homemade puff pastry recipe here)
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 or 3 slices of ham, thinly sliced into stripes
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- Dijon Mustard
1. Pre-heat your oven to 390°F (200°C). Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, and brown meat for 5 minutes on each side. Set the meat and onions aside and keep the cooking juices for later.
2. When the meat has cooled a bit, spread the puff pastry, brush with egg white, place ham stripes and sprinkle parmesan. Arrange the tenderloin in the middle of the pastry sheet, rub with mustard and top with onions. Pour the reserved cooking juice over.
3. Wrap the tenderloin with puff pastry, seal the edges by pressing firmly.Brush the whole pastry with egg yolk.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 390°F (200°C).
5. Remove the tenderloin from oven and let rest a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Get more puff pastry recipes ideas
- Pork Tenderloin In Puff Pastry
- Ham and Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
- Puff Pastry Bell Pepper Poppers
- Carrot Mushroom Turkey Hand Pies
- Roasted Tomato Pie with Pesto & Mozzarella
- Easy Pizza Croissants
- Salmon Tomato Puff Pastry Pizza
- Tuna & Cheese Puff Sticks
- Sweet Puff Bread
- Chocolate Chips Puff Pastry Sticks
- Pork Empanadas with White Wine
- Salmon Pie with Potatoes & Spinach
- Elephant Ears Puff Pastry
- Olives and Tomatoes Puff Twists