Easy and full of flavor, this pork tenderloin wrapped in a puff pastry is the perfect main dish for a festive dinner with family and friends. Parmesan and ham cut the sweetness of sauteed onion while the meat comes out incredibly tender and juicy. An impressive holiday fare with no effort!
Ingredients list for the Puff Pastry Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin 1lb (450g)
- 1 puff pastry sheet (homemade puff pastry recipe here)
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 or 3 slices of ham, thinly sliced into stripes
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- Dijon Mustard
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Pre-heat your oven to 390°F (200°C). Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and set aside. Brown meat for 5 minutes on each side. Set meat aside and keep the cooking juices for later.
2. When the meat has cooled a bit, spread the puff pastry, brush with egg white, place ham stripes and sprinkle parmesan. Arrange the tenderloin in the middle of the pastry sheet, rub with mustard and top with onions. Pour the reserved cooking juice over.
3. Wrap the tenderloin with puff pastry, seal the edges by pressing firmly. Brush the whole pastry with egg yolk. Bake for 45 minutes at 390°F (200°C).
4. Remove the tenderloin from oven and let rest a few minutes before slicing and serving. A real delight, yum!
Note: Make sure to get a good quality puff pastry—with butter—the resulting loaf will be more puffed and crisp.