This super refreshing and wonderful Gazpacho can be whipped up in 15 minutes and make for a great snack, refreshing appetizer or palate cleanser. With the sweetness from the cantaloupe and carrots, and a little crunch from the grilled sandwiches, this combo is definitely a keeper for your luncheons.
Ingredients list for the cantaloupe and carrot gazpacho shooters
For the soup
- 4 cups cantaloupe flesh, roughly chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- Chives, for garnish
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
For the grilled cheese sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
1. In a blender add cantaloupe and carrots. Process until smooth. Add sugar to taste. Add orange juice and mix, until your get a smooth consistency (maybe you won’t have to use all the juice).
2. Refrigerate until cold, serve within one day. Divide into small shot glasses and garnish with chopped chives on top and the mini grilled cheese sandwiches.
The mini grilled cheese sandwiches:
1. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat. Butter one side of a slice of bread.
2. Place the bread butter side down onto the skillet. Top with a slice of cheddar. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place it butter-side-up on top of the sandwich.
3. Grill until lightly brown and then flip over. Hint: cover with a lid, this will help for melting cheese quicker. Continue grilling until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted.
4. Let the sandwiches cool slightly before trimming off the crust and cutting the sandwiches into 3 thin strips.