What a good feeling it is to come home at night to these tender honey glazed turkey thighs, simmered in the crock pot in a rich luscious brown gravy! A little spicy. Plenty savory. Mad delicious — These slow cooker turkey thighs are shockingly good.
- 3 – 4 bone-in turkey thighs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoons ground coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 – 2 sliced spring onion
- 1 bouillon cube
- A handful garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Using a sharp knife, make 4 to 6 cuts in each turkey thighs and insert a garlic clove in each cuts. Coat turkey thighs with olive oil.
2. Heat oil in a oven-proof pot and brown turkey thighs on all sides for 10 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add soy sauce, honey, herbs, ginger, bouillon cube and one cup water in the pot; then simmer over low heat for 5 to 7 hours, covered. You can use a slow cooker for this step.
4. Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C). A the end of cooking, drain turkey thighs and arrange in a roasting pan. Collect cooking juices and reduce in the pot until you obtain a syrupy texture.
5. Using a basting brush, coat turkey thighs on all sides with the reduced cooking juices and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, basting regularly with the cooking juices. Meat should come out caramelized, almost candied, shinny and lacquered. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and spring onion.