Let’s go on with this smooth creamy dessert with a vanilla flavor. Not really an ice cream, nor a custard… It’s something in between, but I can tell you it’s delicious and refreshing! These individual desserts in small glass jars are perfect to end a light summer lunch on the patio. I hope you’ll enjoy the recipe.
Ingredients list for Frozen Vanilla Cream
For 4 jars:
- 7 ounces (200g) heavy cream
- 3/4 lb (300g) of fresh semi-skimmed milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 3 tbsp (30g) cornflour
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds.
2. Put the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla pod and seeds into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then remove from the heat quickly.
3. Take 3-4 tablespoons of the hot liquid and pour over the sifted cornstarch in a small bowl. Mix well to obtain a cream and pour into the hot milk after removing the vanilla pod. Stir constantly during this process.
4. Put back over a low heat and bring to a boil, continuing to stir carefully. Boil for 3-5 minutes until the cream is thickened.
5. Let cool, stirring occasionally, and cover with plastic wrap to avoid the formation of a small skin. Store in your freezer until ready to serve.
(Photo by Marie Verveine Peach)