It’s just one of my favorite vanilla ice creams recipe, ideal to accompany various pies and chocolate cakes.
As I don’t add any preservatives, the only solution is to eat this vanilla ice cream quickly. I mean, eat this vanilla ice cream within two days after it’s made.
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
Ingredients list: vanilla ice cream recipe
For 5 people:
- 1 pint (1/2 liter) of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 ounces (125 g) sugar
- 2 bourbon vanilla beans
- Sour cream, I put in 1 3/4 cup (200g), but you can descend to 3/4 cup (100g) if you want a less rich ice cream.
Preparation instruction: vanilla ice cream recipe
1. Prepare custard: Put 1 pint (1/2 liter) of milk in a saucepan with the vanilla beans split in half. Boil gently.
2. Add 4 egg yolks in a bowl. Add all the sugar.
3. Whisk the mixture to bleach.
4. Pour the boiling milk over the egg and sugar mixture, put it back in the saucepan.
5. Let the custard cook very gently stirring slowly with a wooden spatula. Do not exceed 175°F (80°c) because the egg yolks will cook… and this will ruin the custard.
To check for doneness of the custard, dip the spatula in the custard then leave a fingerprint on it. If the two edges of the cream does not meet, the custard is cooked.
6. Pour in a bowl and put in the refrigerator at least 12 hours, to let ripen. Remove the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds and put them in the custard. Add the sour cream, mix well.
7. Pour the vanilla ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker and churn about 30 minutes…
And now, it’s ready!
Did you try this vanilla ice cream maker recipe? Please share your comments!