Easy, simple, but tasty, here is a recipe for a custard pudding deliciously flavored with orange! A moment of pure ecstasy with its early caramelized layer on top that is a torture to resist… Treat your guests.
Ingredients list for the orange custard recipe
For 4 people:
- 1 3/4 cup (400 ml) of milk
- 1 untreated orange
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (80 g) brown sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 285° f (140°c).
2. Take the orange zest and place in a saucepan with the milk. Bring to a boil and let steep for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar. Pour the boiling milk over the eggs and sugar while whisking. Skim the surface.
4. Pass the mixture through a Chinese strainer and fill 4 ramekins. Keep the zest for decoration. Place the ramekins in a baking dish filled with hot water. The water should come about halfway up sides of ramekins.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until the custard is firm to the touch.
6. At the exit of the oven, remove the ramekins from the dish, let cool then put in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish your orange custard with orange zest.