From holiday dinner to weeknight noshing, great appetizers will get any party started. With only 3 ingredients, these ham and blue cheese croissants are perfect for busy home cooks who want real crowd-pleasing bites in minutes. These appetizers are so easy to make that kids will be happy to give you a hand for even quicker results.
Ingredients list for the ham & blue cheese croissants
Makes 16 small flaky croissants:
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 4 slices of ham
- 3.5 to 4.5 oz (100-125g) crumbled blue cheese, or more if you like (Feta and Goat cheese are ok too)
1. Cut the puff pastry in 16 triangles. Store in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
2. Cut each slice of ham into 4 portions and detail cheese in 16 parts.
3. Wrap the cheese with ham.
4. Place the ham and cheese over the broad base of each pastry triangle, then roll up to the tip to form a crescent.
5. Bake in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes.
Note: You can make a gilding for the croissants with a beaten egg and sprinkle yellow sesame seeds to decorate.