What if you have guests who arrive unexpectedly, and there’s no peanuts in the pantry? With parmesan, ham, tomato, fresh cheese, or cocktail sausages, you can make pretty appetizers quickly with a single puff pastry sheet that you keep in your fridge, just in case. And these Elephant Ears Puffs are ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 1/2 ounces(100g) grated parmesan
- 1 slice of ham (optional)
- 1 beaten egg with a little milk
- Poppy and sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 390°f (200°c).
2. Lay out your pastry. Brush it with the beaten egg. Cover the entire surface with parmesan. You can have the ham on a part of the surface.
3. Roll dough symmetrically on each side until the two rollers meet. Weld them together.
4. Cut about 15 slices and have them on a flat plate. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with seeds and bake for 15-25 minutes. The elephant ears should swell and brown.
Taste them right out of the oven!