Always prepare this Eggplant caviar recipe the day before, as it is best when the eggplant caviar is vey cold. This Aubergine Caviar Recipe is a pure delight to be enjoyed as starter or an aperitif on small toasts, just grilled.
Ingredients: Eggplants Caviar and fresh herbs
- 4 large eggplants
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 onions
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cilantro (even better if it is fresh)
- A few basil leaves
Preparation: Aromatic fresh Herbs for eggplants Caviar
Peel and chop finely the 2 onions and 2 shallots, the minced slices must be almost transluscent. Then add 2 crushed garlic cloves.
Finely chop the cilantro, basil, chives and parsley.
Preparation steps: Eggplant Caviar
- Wrap the 4 eggplants (cut in half) in an aluminum foil. Bake them in the oven at 460°F (240°c) for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and make the onions and shallot stew. Add the crushed garlic and book.
- Remove eggplant from oven and remove the flesh with a spoon. Add to the sauce. Add salt and pepper. Add 1 / 2 tsp of cilantro, basil, chives and a little bit of finely chopped parsley. Melt over low heat from 5 to 10 min.
- After that, you can add a personal touch if you want: you can spice up a bit with cumin or curry if you feel like to. Cook for a few more minutes. Let cool before refrigerate overnight.
Serve Eggplants Caviar with toasted bread slice with some cheery tomatoes and a good White Martini!