A tangy sweet grilled chicken packed with bright flavors. Chicken breasts are bathed in a honey, lime and garlic marinade, then seared on the stovetop. Ideal for a dinner, served with lemon-parsley quinoa, on top of a crisp summer salad, or with stir fried zucchini noodles.
Ingredients list for the Grilled Chicken with Spicy Honey Lime Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or your favorite spicy sauce)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl whisk together white vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, your favorite spicy sauce, garlic, teaspoon Italian herb mix: (thyme, oregano and rosemary); season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside. Marinate the chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes to overnight, stirring occasionally
2. Drain the chicken from the marinade. Heat a skillet over medium heat with a teaspoon of oil, and grill chicken breasts about 5-6 minutes on each side, basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade, until golden and cooked through.
3. Slice chicken into strips and serve immediately with a crisp salad, if desired. Enjoy!