Duck is having a renaissance both in restaurants and home kitchens as many cooks discover an exciting range of flavors and textures. For a good sunday lunch at home, this duck burger is the perfect companion for anyone who wants to free themselves from the tyranny of beef burgers! And what’s not to like? Duck breasts are grilled and smothered with a layer of perfectly cooked apples and a dash of red onion confit. The duck burger is accompanied by a side of homemade french fries, for good measure of course!
Ingredient list for Apples and Duck Burgers
- 1 pound (400g) of skinless duck breast
- 2 apples
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 organic green salad lettuce
- Smoked salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- 1 stick of butter
- Onion confit (recipe here)
1. Peel and cut apples into quarters. Brown gently in a skillet with a piece of butter.
2. Cut the duck breasts into stripes. Then grill on the skillet to medium-well. If you’re having fun outside, BBQ grilling is mandatory of course!
3. Toast the burger buns.
4. Stack salad, duck, apples, tomato slices and a good spoonful of onion jam. Close off the sandwiches and serve with and extra mustard and ketchup on the side with homemade french fries. Enjoy!