Coconut milk rice pudding: Here’s a wonderful dessert, just like a fruity and fragrant crème brûlée… but much simpler! This one will please children as well as their parents.
Ingredients lists: Rice pudding with coconut milk
For 6 ramekins:
- 3 ounces (90g) of vanilla flavored rice cream — or cooked round rice
- A small can of pineapple in syrup
- 1 pint (50 cl) coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 2/3 ounces (80g) brown sugar
Preparation: rice pudding with coconut milk
1. Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan with the rice cream, brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Bring to a boil and let thicken over low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the pineapple chunks (to remove the excess syrup) and drain them before adding them to the pan. Mix gently.
4. Divide the cream into small individual ramekins (remember to remove the cinnamon stick!). Let cool and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
The must — not essential but delicious — is to sprinkle a little brown sugar before serving and caramelize with a blowtorch for a surprising “crème brûlée” version, but without any egg.