What is good with this kind of recipe is that it requires very little preparation. And despite this, we obtain a very tasty dish at the end!
Ingredients list for the chicken stew recipe
For 6 persons:
- 1 large chicken, quartered
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- Espelette pepper powder
- 2 beautiful sweet peppers, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Garlic, bay leaf, thyme, parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. In a little olive oil, fry the onions, garlic and peppers. When the onion has taken a white translucent color, add the tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme and parsley. Salt, pepper and and add spice. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, flour the chicken quarters before putting them to sauté into a pan or a pot while vegetable are cooking.
3. Meanwhile you can also fry a few diced Bayonne ham…
4. Then mix meat and vegetable sauce and cook for half an hour to take the chicken flavor.
5. Serve with plain rice or fried potatoes.
Read also: Minestrone soup