Here’s another take on minestrone soup, but with carrot instead of tomato. Is it still a minestrone then? I don’t know but you should try this comforting soup for sure!
Ingredients list for the minestrone soup recipe
For about 4 to 6 people:
- 4 carrots
- 1 leek
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) frozen peas
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 4 1/4 ounces (120g) macaroni
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
1. Peel the carrots and cut them into small cubes.
2. Wash the leek and cut them into slices.
3. Slice the onion.
4. Put all the vegetables in a chef pan with a little olive oil and fry for 5 min.
5. Add the cube stock and pour boiling water to cover vegetables.
6. Stir and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Then add the pasta, parsley, salt and pepper and cook about 10 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
8. Add water if necessary. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
9. Serve hot immediately.
Read also: Chicken Stew in Red Wine