Practical, quick and interesting from a nutritional standpoint, chicken soups have many advantages. This Asian inspired soup, hearty and very complete, can be appreciated as a single dish for a light and balanced lunch.
Ingredients list for Chicken Noodle Soup
For 4 people:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 pints (1.2 liters) of chicken stock — you can make your own chicken stock following this recipe
- 1/4 lb (100g) of ramen
- 1 stick of lemongrass (or 2 drops of citronella essential oil)
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Brown them gently in a pan with olive oil. Chop the garlic and add to the mixture with the ginger.
2. After stirring well with a wooden spatula, pour soy sauce and chicken stock on the preparation. Mix thoroughly.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the ramen and chopped lemongrass (which you have taken care to finely chop).
4. Reheat the soup for 3 minutes over low heat before serving.