A delicious side dish to enjoy for a casual dinner—Simply roast green beans with a mix of cream, garlic and herbs, top with cheese and bake until cheesy goodness! This recipe makes the most of the texture and taste of the crisp beans, and is so easy to put together.
Ingredients list for the Baked Green Beans Alfredo
- 1 lb (450g) green beans, stringed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of Four-Cheese Italian White Cheese Blend (Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme or Italian seasoning, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chives or green onions, finely chopped
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C). Cook green beans in plenty boiling water for 5-10 minutes, until cooked but still crisp.
2. In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream with 1/4 cup water, crumbled bouillon cube, chives and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
3. Lightly oil a baking dish or cast iron skillet and arrange the drained green beans. Spread the cream mixture on top of the beans.
4. Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender but crisp. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until bubbly and slightly golden. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chives or green onion.