Simple, lightweight and very tasty, these flans are easy to prepare and can be enjoyed both warm or cold, as an appetizer or a side dish. You create your own variations with any vegetable: tomatoes, asparagus, eggplant… according to your taste and the season!
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Ingredients list for the zucchini and carrot flan
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch of grated swiss cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
Directions for the zucchini and carrots flan
1. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Cut carrots into thin slices. Make sticks with zucchinis (1 cm long and 1 / 2 inches wide).
3. Garnish some cakes molds. Add a few sprigs of fresh chives, and a pinch of nutmeg powder. Stir a few pinches of grated swiss.
4. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs with 1 to 2 tbsp of heavy cream. Salt and pepper. Add 1 clove of garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice it up.
5. Stir into the molds and bake for 20 minutes
6. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste. If you want something more crusty, add a sheet of puff pastry to line the bottom of the cake molds.
Did you like this recipe? Any suggestion? Please consider using the comment form below to share your views.