Here is a recipe for a very soft and pleasant walnut bread.
Ingredients Lists for Walnut Bread
- 4 1/3 ounces (125g) of shelled nuts (kernels + 6 for decoration)
- 1 cup (100g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (120g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (50ml) of milk
- 1 3/4 ounce (50g) butter
- 3 eggs
1. Shell walnuts and put kernels into a blender to mix them in a powder. Don’t forget to reserve some walnuts for decoration.
2. Separate the eggs whites from the yolks. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Add the powdered nuts, milk, flour and baking powder. Mix after each addition.
4. Melt the butter and pour in the batter.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
6. Add 1/3 of the whites gently into the batter, then add the rest by lifting the dough with a spatula.
7. Pour into a buttered and floured cake pan.
8. Decorate the top with the remaining walnuts.
9. Bake at 360°f (180°c) for 35 to 45 minutes.
Unmold when the cake is cold.
- With a little more butter the walnut bread should get more texture
- It tastes better the next day, texture is softer and feels less dry.
- You can put 50ml cream instead of milk.
- If you like chocolate don’t hesitate to add some melted chocolate in your batter. Crushed chocolate chips are also very appreciated by kids!
- You can replace butter with 50g of oil.
- And remember this walnut bread is tasted much better the next day… but will let you let it live until then?