Here is a recipe for a flat bread bun with macadamia nuts and a caramel sauce; it’s sweet and and very comforting! This is a small delight: soft, crunchy yet dripping, a great idea for a simple dessert to enjoy with your family or friends.
Preparation time: 30 min
Rest: 2:30 - Cooking time: 25-30 min
Ingredients list for the Bread Bun with Caramel Sauce
For 8 people
For the dough:
- 3 cups (280g) flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/3 fl oz (100ml) of milk
- 1/2 ounce (15g) of fresh yeast
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 4 tbsp caramel sauce (recipe here)
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) macadamia nuts
1. Dissolve the fresh yeast with a little milk. Put all the ingredients in your stand mixer, select the “dough” function. Of course your can do this by hand.
2. When the program is finished, pour the dough on a floured surface. It is very soft and slightly sticky but do not add flour. Just rub a little flour on your hands. Work the dough to push the air out.
3. Prepare a 10 inches (26cm) diameter cake pan, greased with soft butter and floured. Here’s a great technique to flour a cake pan like a pro.
4. Roll the dough to form a disk that match the cake pan diameter then put the dough into it. Spread macadamia nuts, pressing them lightly. Cover with cling film so that the dough does not dry out and let rise for 1 hour until the dough doubles in volume.
5. Form holes with fingers between the nuts and drizzle with your caramel sauce. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 360°f (180°c). Wait 10 minutes, then unmold and let cool on a rack.
Tip: If you find your bread bun is not “dripping” enough caramel sauce, you can add some more after cooking!
Recipe inspiration by amusesbouche