Home alone without the kids? Try this chicken vegetable soup for a super fast dinner to feed two persons — that’s right, two. Crunchy vegetable, grilled chicken and sweet spicy broth make for a healthy and filling soup that’s perfect to warm your soul and belly.
Ingredients list for the Chicken Vegetable Soup
Yeld: 2 servings
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups (0,5l) low sodium chicken broth (or 1 bouillon cube + water)
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and spring onion, and stir fry for a few minutes until fragrant. Don’t let the garlic burn or brown. Add the chicken broth and simmer for a couple of minutes, until slightly reduced.
2. Add in the sweet chili sauce, and transfer to a blender and puree until smooth and silky. Add broth to thin out the soup if needed. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the chicken, stir frying until cooked through and golden brown, not charred. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Divide soup into bowls, garnish with carrot, red cabbage and chicken. Top each serving of soup with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.