This easy recipe makes the most moist, tender, delicious cookies that you can decorate as you like with dried fruit or nuts. Perfect for your next cookie swap!
Ingredients list for the sugar cookies
- 2/3 cup (150g) butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (100g) confectioner ‘s sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoon (15ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (20g) cornflour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder, or a few drops of vanilla extract
- Hazelnuts and pistachio for garnish (optional)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugar to combine.
2. Add egg and heavy cream.
3. Add flour, cornflour, salt and vanilla. Make sure not to overwork the dough.
4. Spoon the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (cookies will flatten during baking). Top with a pistachio or a hazelnut.
5. Bake in the oven at 300°F – 320°F (150°C – 160°C), until cookies are slightly golden.