If you plan to spend the weekend gardening, bbq-ing and relaxing, this refreshing Strawberry Lime Soda is definitely something you’ll love to share with your family or friends.
Ingredients list for the strawberry basil soda
Makes about 6 drinks
- 1 pound (450g) strawberries, trimmed
- Juice of 1 or 2 limes, depending on size
- 1 cup (190g) sugar
- Carbonated water
- Lime slices, for garnish
1. Puree strawberries using a blender, until smooth.
2. Add the lime juice and sugar, then pulse again to combine
3. Strain the puree through a sieve into a clean container or a glass pitcher and discard solids.
4. Fill the pitcher with carbonated water and garnish with lime slices and ice cubes. Alternatively, pour the syrup directly into glasses over ice cubes, top with carbonated water, and stir. Taste and add more syrup, if desired. Garnish with lime slices.
Note: If you want to keep the strawberry puree for longer, bring to a boil in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Then strain and transfer to an airtight container.