These strawberry daiquiris floats make for fun spring and summer cocktails. Refreshing, and fruity, they get their sweetness from homemade strawberry syrup, lime juice, a splash of rum, rounded out by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy the flavors! ♡
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Daiquiri Floats
- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries, sliced (4 cups), plus 1 cup slices for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup white rum (optional)
- 4 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- 16 ounces club soda
- Grated lime zest, for garnish
1. In a saucepan, combine sliced strawberries with sugar and lime juice. Heat to a simmer and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, until pureed and candied. Collect the strawberry syrup by straining through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing seeds to extract as much liquid as possible.
2. Put a vanilla ice cream scoop into each glass. Pour 1 ounce rum into each glass (optional) and top with the strawberry syrup. Fill up with club soda and garnish with a strawberry slice and grated lime zest. Serve immediately with long straws and spoons.