Perfect for a quick dinner right after a long day at work, this sweet and spicy glazed salmon is very easy to make. Top the fillets with a lemon and dill yogurt sauce that’s so fresh and so light you could eat it with a spoon!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients list for the harissa-glazed salmon fillets
- 1/2 pound wild salmon fillet, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce (low-sodium if available)
- 1 tablespoon Harissa sauce (or Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill, for garnish
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
For the lemon and dill yogurt sauce, get the recipe here.
Combine honey, vinegar, Harissa, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
Add salmon and toss to coat well.
Transfer to a Zip-loc bag and let sit in the refrigerator covered for at least 1 hour, or up to 7 hours maximum, turning the fish once. The marinade needs to permeate the salmon to better develop the flavors.
1. In a shallow dish, combine honey, vinegar, Harissa, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Transfer the salmon to the dish. Toss to coat the salmon fillets evenly. Transfer to a Zip-loc bag and let sit in the refrigerator covered for at least 1 hour, or up to 7 hours maximum, turning the fish once.
2. Remove and drain the salmon from the dish and keep the marinade for later. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Cook the salmon until one side of the fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side browns, about 2 more minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the reserved marinade over the fish. Cover with a lid and cook until the fish is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Serve with lime wedges, yogurt sauce and sprinkled dill. This dish is best served with roasted vegetables, brown rice or bulgur.