This margarita is the absolute best and easiest sweet, spicy cocktail for all your entertaining needs! The heat of the infused jalapeño pairs wonderfully with grapefruit and tequila. Don’t forget to line the rim of the glass for a sweet/peppery contrast!
Ingredients list for the grapefruit margarita
Serves 4 to 6:
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) tequila
- 2 cups (500ml) grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cups (180ml) fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 whole jalapeños, sliced
- Lime and grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Granulated sugar and fresh cracked pepper, for rimming the glasses
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. In a shallow plate, combine sugar and pepper. You’ll use this mixture to rim the glasses.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir well to combine. Keep refrigerated for 30 minutes to 2 hours, checking spiciness from time to time. Remove the jalapeños from the drink once the desired spiciness is reached.
3. When ready to serve, rim your glasses in the sugar and pepper mixture. Add ice cubes to each glass and pour the margaritas over. Add a grapefruit, a lime wedge and jalapeño slices for garnish, if desired.