Did you say Spelt Bread? What can be more delicious than enjoying a breakfast with a home-made bread? Not that complicated… you might surprise some people (Mother’s Day would be the good occasion) if you offer this delicious Bread made with spelt. Spelt is easily found online ( via Amazon for example) or in local organic-food shops.
You can prepare a beautiful breakfast tray with a large spelt bread slice and homemade strawberry jam, if not offering it as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce… Do not forget the pretty flowers to say ”Happy Mother’s Day Mom!”
Preparation time : 10mn, plus 20mn with mixer
Resting time: 1h 30min
Baking time : 35mn – 370°F (190°c)
Ingredients you will need for the Spelt Bread Recipe
For 6 persons: 2 buns
- 3 cups (300 g) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (200g) spelt flour
- 1 3/4 cup (420g) butter
- 4 tbsp (50g) caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp (23g) baker’s powder
- 3/4 cup (15cl) lukewarm milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons (10g) salt
- 1 egg yolk for goldenning
- Dissolve the baking powder in lukewarm milk.
- Mix the various flours,baking powder, whole eggs, sugar and salt,in the bowl with the stand mixer mounted with a pastry hook.
- Knead the dough slowly for about 15mn to give it some consistency.
- Add the butter in 4 steps.
- Let the mixer work until the dough doesn’t adhere to the bowl anymore. The dough must be smooth and elastic.
- Add egg yolks and a spoon of flour if necessary.
- Remove the hook and cover the dough for 1h30 at ambient temperature. The dough must double in volume.
- Press the dough with your finger and fold it.
- Slightly flour the molds and form littles balls to garnish every mold at mid-height.
- Warm up your oven at 370°F (190°c)
- Let the dough rise in the molds at ambiant temperature.
- Baste the buns with egg yolk mixed wih 2 drops of water, with the help of a brush.
- Bake in oven for about 35mn.
- Let the buns chill a bit before removing them from the molds.