Waffles have the power to heal. If you need a little comfort breakfast in prevision of the aches of the day, a golden and fluffy waffle topped with maple syrup will help you fight the morning blue. There must be something the thick batter and the delicious buttery taste… Quick and easy to make, these rum waffles have a bright flavor and add a seasonal draw to your breakfast or autumn brunch. The rum in it makes all the difference and when the waffles cook up, the inside sets almost like a pancake while the outside stays crisp. Top with whipped cream, jam, chocolate spread or a veil of sugar and you get a lovely addition to your breakfast arsenal.
Ingredients list for the rum waffles
Makes 18-20 waffles:
- 5 cups (500g) all-purpose flour
- 5 1/3 oz (150g) butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup (300mL) milk
- 2 tbsp rum
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
Break and separate eggs whites from yolks.
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Dig a well in the center and add the sugar, melted butter and 6 eggs yolks, cooled. Mix everything.
2. Gradually add milk. Mix and add the rum.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold gently into the batter.
4. Let the natter rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour. It’s ready to bake.
Top which icing sugar, jam, nuts or chocolate spread.