Here’s a shrimp tapas recipe where the fruity taste of mango blends with the spicy seasoning of shrimp. These spicy shrimp are going to get some serious fans during your next dinner party for sure!
Ingredient list for the spicy shrimp tapas with mango
For 4 persons:
- 16 live shrimps
- 1 mango
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp Sichuan pepper (or red pepper)
- 1 tbsp of fennel seeds
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (3/4 inch – 2 cm) peeled
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- Some herbs for garnish
1. Peel the mango, remove the core and cut into 16 small cubes.
2. Shell the shrimp, keeping only the tail.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add pepper and fennel, heat until the mixture becomes fragrant. Then add the garlic clove in half the shrimp. Make color for ten minutes, stirring regularly. When the shrimp are cooked, add the grated ginger and sea salt; stir for 2 minutes. Let it cool.
4. Pick a prawn and a mango cube on a toothpick; repeat the same process with the rest. Set them in line on a platter. Grate the zest of lime over and garnish with a few fresh herbs. Serve your shrimp tapas either warm or cold.