Are you looking for a light yet refined lunch or evening main course? This soft and tasty salmon steak will be wonderful on your plate along with a blue cheese sauce.
Fish, especially salmon, is well known for its exceptional nutritional benefits, and when combined with fennel — the vegetable champion of vitamins — it’s definitely a hit.
Here’s how to make this recipe at home:
Ingredients for salmon steak with blue cheese sauce
Serves 4 :
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 knobs (25g) butter
- 1 tbsp (15ml) of oil
- 4 salmon steaks
- 4 1/2 oz (125g) blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt and ground pepper
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Wash the fennel and slice it into strips.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the fennel, stir, put a lid on and cook for 15 minutes. When the fennel is cooked, keep warm aside.
3. Heat oil into a pan, and then add the salmon steaks, a bit of fennel and some cheese cubes on top. Sprinkle with cilantro powder, salt and pepper, cover with a lid and cook for five minutes.
4. Serve hot with the remaining fennel as a garnish.
This dish is very simple to make and very tasty, thanks to the addition of the blue cheese. Fennel it is a real “health food,” excellent to incorporate in our daily diet: it contains more protein than the average vegetable and its fiber content and vitamin concentrations are very high