Bring summer to your plate! This all-in-one salad can be a meal in itself — one you can always count on. There are many variations of the salad niçoise, but I decided not to bother with artichoke, eggs or anchovies. A few ripe tomatoes, tasty, firm and crunchy vegetables… Taste and freshness in the blink of an eye. Perfect if you want to have lunch “al fresco”!
Ingredients list for Salad Niçoise recipe
- 1 curly lettuce
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) arugula
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 6 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of tuna (about 320g fillet)
- 6 tablespoons of small black marinated olives ( a la niçoise )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel and chop the garlic. Wash and drain arugula salad and endive.
2. Seed the peppers and rinse cucumber without peeling.
3. Cut the cucumber and pepper into thin slices. Peel and chop the onions. Wash and cut the tomatoes into quarters.
4. In a bowl, mix the mustard with vinegar, chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil while whisking.
5. Spread the vegetables on a serving dish, sprinkle with black olives, and then crumble the tuna.
6. Drizzle with dressing, toss and serve chilled.
(Photos by Marie Verveine Peach)