Let’s celebrate one of the greatest pleasure of the table with this glorious tomato pasta that unexpectedly pairs chorizo and ricotta. Easy to prepare and endlessly versatile, this quick dish makes a wonderful supper when time is short. I hope you’ll use this recipe to make pasta for dinner tonight!
Ingredient list for the Chorizo Tomato Pasta
Preparation time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (320g) of Rotini or other short pasta
- 2 chorizo
- 1 chopped onion (white or red)
- 2 bunches of cherry tomatoes
- 2 big tablespoons (100g) of tomato paste
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup (150g) ricotta cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Cut the chorizo into slices, not too thick. Peel and chop the onion.
2. In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and fry the chorizo over medium heat with the chopped onion until the onion is translucent.
3. Add tomatoes to the pan along with the tomato paste, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta for 7-10 minutes in plenty of boiling salted water. Then, drain the pasta and pour into a large bowl.
5. Grate the zest of the lemon and add to the chorizo and tomato sauce. Add the ricotta and stir over low heat for 1 minute, then combine with pasta. Adjust seasoning and serve. Enjoy!
Note: Ricotta is fairly low-fat and is a good alternative to cream. If you have some fresh herbs in the garden, why not adding a few basil leaves?