Are you up for a lightweight pita sandwich to put in your lunch box for work or an impromptu picnic? Of course, this sandwich is also delicious with cold chicken (yum – roast chicken leftover!). The combava oil is a great condiment that gives a delicious exotic fragrance. If you cannot find some in your area, you can either slice a small piece of kaffir lime with your pork or drop a dash of lemon juice.
Ingredients list: roast pork and cottage cheese pita sandwich
- 1/3 lb (150g) cooked pork roast
- 1 3/4 cup (400g) cottage cheese
- 2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumbava oil (kaffir lime oil)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pita bread
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the roast pork.
- 2. Mix all ingredients and let the flavors mingle for half an hour in the fridge.
- 3. Wet the pita and put them in the toaster. Cut into 2 and open the bellows.
- 4. Put some spinach leaves in the halved pita, and then stuff it with the pork mixture and cottage mixture. Enjoy!