This tasty, simple, and satisfying one pan pork chops quinoa for two proves cooking healthy doesn’t have to be expensive or a giant time suck. Quinoa, tomatoes, and onion are topped with spicy, tender pork chops then baked at crisp perfection for a delicious weeknight dinner that requires next-to-no cleanup.
Ingredients list for the One Pan Pork Chops Quinoa
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup quinoa + 1 cup water
- 1 scallion, chopped for garnish
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
The pork marinade:
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, optional
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow dish and coat the pork chops. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile cook quinoa in 1 cup salted water and set aside, you want it al dente as it will later absorb the cooking juices from veggies and pork. In the mean time, heat olive oil in a medium deep skillet that goes in the oven to medium high heat. Preheat your oven to grill/broiler mode or 420°F (220°C).
3. Drain the pork chops and collect remaining marinade. Pan sear the chops, about 2-3 minutes on each side. You aren’t looking for doneness here, just a good color. When both sides are golden remove from skillet and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add sliced onion, then tomato and let cook for about 3 minutes, then remove from the pan.
5. Add quinoa to the pan and stir fry for one minute, to coat into the cooking juices. Add the onion and tomato back on top of quinoa, then top with pork chops. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the skillet.
6. Transfer into the preheated oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes in grill/broiler mode or 420°F (220°C). Remove from oven and cover with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Top with chopped scallion. Yum!