Serve this comforting one pot lamb stew with crusty homemade bread for a fabulous cool weather meal. With a classic combination of lamb, potatoes, and mushrooms, it might look simple, but the flavor is extraordinary. Hint: This dish is even better reheated the next day!
Ingredients list for the One Pot Mushroom Potato Lamb Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds (2kg) diced lamb
- 1 pound (450g) potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 to 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot; saute lamb until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add onion and garlic and cook for 6 – 7 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomato and cook, stirring from time to time for 5 minutes. Add diced tomato and cook for another 5 minutes. Cover with water and simmer for 1 hour, half covered. Meanwhile, boil potatoes in plenty salted water, until cooked.
3. Add cooked and drained potatoes and sliced mushrooms to the lamb pot. Cook for 15-20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning. Serve topped with chopped parsley.