Mascarpone mashed potatoes — Not only it’s a delicious alternative to regular mashed potato recipes, but it’s a very much-appreciated way to serve your potato side dish. Best known for its presence in Tiramisù, the delicate flavor and texture of mascarpone bring a brand new creaminess to your usual mashed potatoes. Not too rich, but just rich enough, this side dish recipe is perfect for any special occasion.
Ingredients list for mascarpone & mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs (650g) of potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 lb (250g) mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons (20g) grated Gruyere or any other Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Peel the potatoes and sweet potato, and cut into even chunks. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook until tender with the bay leaf (about 30 minutes).
2. Discard the bay leaf, drain potatoes and mash coarsely with a fork. Stir in mascarpone, Parmesan, half Swiss cheese. Salt and pepper generously.
3. Spoon into a baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 430°F (220°C) in broiler mode for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
Tip: Salt and pepper generously because mascarpone and potatoes are very bland!
(Image : Riri Cuisine)