Make a huge hit with this simple yet elegant appetizer everyone will love! Marinate precooked shrimp in a flavorful spice, garlic and lemon-infused oil—so easy to make, but it doesn’t taste that way! You can also try these shrimp skewers with steamed white rice for a light lunch.
Prep time: 20 mins
Resting time: 3 or 4 h
Ingredients list for the marinated shrimp skewers
- 2 lb 2 oz/1 kg large cooked shrimps or prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
The tandoori spice blend:
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine parsley, olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice and 1 tablespoon tandoori spices. Add shrimp and mix to coat them well. Season with salt and pepper. Blend together until well mixed.
2. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours before serving, so the flavors will fully develop.
3. Pick 3 shrimps on each skewer and arrange on a serving platter for everyone to share. Serve with white rice for a light meal, or alone as an appetizer.
(Photography © Marti Apunts)