Pithiviers specialty known as “wimps block” which originated in the sixteenth century in the era of religious wars. This pate is made of larks. Traditionnally, these little birds were attracted by some shinning little mirror pieces on the ground and then caught in a net set up by hunters in the north-east area of Orléan called the Gatinais.
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation: 45 min
Baking: 1 h 15 min
Ingredients: Lark Pate from Pithiviers
for 8 people
- 8 / 10 Larks
- 200 g of truffled foie gras
- 500 g of stuffing
- 3 shallots
- 800 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 5 cl port
- salt, thyme, bay
Preparation: Lark Pate from Pithiviers
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Bone the birds.
- Marinate the larks one night long with a porto wine, thyme and bay leaf.
- Stir-fried livers and intestines.
- Fry the shallots.
- Crush livers and intestines, incorporate with the shallots to the stuffing.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Stuff modestly larks and truffled foie gras stuffing.
- Make a square with lower third of the dough.
- Spread a layer of stuffing, arrange the larks, cover with remaining stuffing.
- Close with a second crust.
- Solder the two crusts around.
- Brush with egg and bake in hot oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour the chimney the smell of poultry.
Let cool before serving.