Scallops are an awesome source of lean protein, and are ridiculously easy to cook. For those looking for a simple but tasty homemade meal to make this week, this great island-style starter is something you can add to your special menu. With few ingredients and even fewer steps, this seared scallop curry is a cinch to make quickly. Combine honey with savory curry powder for a delicious sauce that perfectly complements seared scallops. Honey adding perfect sweetness to curry, you won’t resist on this seasoning blend. Serve over toasted bread slices and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for an authentic touch.
Ingredients list for the Honey Curry Scallops
- 1/2 lb (200g) sea scallops or bay scallops
- 1/4 lb (115g) button mushrooms
- 1 cup (20cl) heavy cream
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder and chives
- Salt and feshly ground pepper
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Rinse and dry the scallops on absorbent paper.
1. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
2. In a skillet, melt the butter and fry the scallops over medium heat for 30 seconds until they turn white.
3. Set aside. Heat the olive oil and sauté mushrooms 1-2 min. Add the scallops and chives.
4. Deglaze with the cream and add the curry and honey.
5. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes over low heat, until the scallops are just done. Serve immediately with toasted bread slices and a Sauvignon blanc.