A super colorful heirloom tomato cream cheese toast done in under 10 minutes for a great appetizer, snack or even breakfast. Ripe tomatoes layered on top of crusty toasted bread and smothered with herbed cream cheese. Super simple and so good!
Ingredients list for the Heirloom Tomato Cream Cheese Toast
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 large slice of sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (Philadelphia regular worked well for us)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, rinsed and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toast bread slice brushed with olive oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Take out of the oven and cool completely. Alternatively, you can use your toaster.
2. Combine cream cheese and chives in a small bowl. Season with pepper to taste.
3. Spread herb cream cheese mixture onto cooled bread slice leaving a 1/2-inch crust around the edges.
4. Top with sliced heirloom tomatoes and a sprinkle of coarse salt (optional), pepper and chives. Slice and serve immediately with a drizzle olive oil, if desired.