Fresh-baked homemade breads make a perfectly comforting addition to any meal and are a favorite goodies to give. This one is a true hazelnut lover’s dream: a tender, nutty texture folded into a strong and fragrant cocoa layer. Also lovely for breakfast or tea, you can prepare this the night before. Wrap it up in clingfilm, it will remain soft for a few days.
Ingredients list for hazelnuts and cocoa quick bread recipe
Serves 6 :
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) flour
- 1/2 lb (250g) unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- (200g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons of good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 2 oz (60g) of crushed hazelnuts (with your food processor or other)
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C). Butter a regular loaf pan.
2. Sift and mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
3. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer to obtain a creamy texture. Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flour.
4. Divide dough in half. Fold the crushed hazelnuts in a half and the cocoa powder in the other.
5. Pour a little hazelnut dough in the buttered pan and cover with cocoa paste, then finish with the remaining hazelnut paste.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check for doneness with a knife. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to let cool completely.