Easy and delicious, this ham and cheese quiche with green peas, carrot and zucchini is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Swiss cheese and ham combine in a classic quiche filling, packed with fresh spring vegetables—a meal the whole family will love!
Ingredients list for the ham and cheese quiche
- 1 shortcrust pastry sheet
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- Arugula, for garnish (optional)
1. Line a tart pan with the pastry sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, cover the pastry with foil or parchment paper, and add dry beans or baking beads to prevent the dough from puffing. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
3. Blind bake the tart shell at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. This will prevent the crust from getting soggy.
4. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl then stir gently but thoroughly with milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper. Then add carrot, zucchini and cheese.
5. Remove the tart shell from the oven and discard the foil. Line the bottom of the tart shell with ham and pour the eggs, milk and vegetable mixture over.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until set (check doneness with the tip of a knife). Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving, or wait until completely cooled. You can garnish the quiche with additional parmesan and few arugula leaves.
Note: Try a mini quiche variation as a starter to a dinner or serve them alone as a snack or buffet appetizers.