In foil, fried or baked, there are a thousand ways to enjoy salmon! To change a little bit and because the season is up right for outdoor activities, I did it on the barbecue grill and I accompanied it with a creamy sauce with mint and basil. Simple and delicious!
Ingredients list for grilled salmon with mint and basil sauce
Serves 4 :
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 oz (25g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz (25g) of mint leaves
- 7 oz (200ml) olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Finely grated zest and juice of one lemon
- Ground pepper
1. Boil a pot of water and add the mint leaves and basil to infuse for 15 seconds. Remove and drain.
2. Remove excess water on the leaves with a dish towel. Put the mint leaves and basil with olive oil in a blender and mix well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3. In a bowl, put the egg yolk, mustard and necessary seasoning. Whisk until you get a smooth sauce.
4. Stir the mint and basil-flavored olive oil into this mixture gradually until the preparation gets thick and creamy, like a mayonnaise. Beat well with the lemon zest, lemon juice and cream. Place this sauce in the refrigerator.
5. Brush salmon fillets with oil. Cook on the barbecue at medium heat for 4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve warm with cream, basil and mint.