Learn how to cook Iced Foie Gras Macaroons recipe: An idea delightfully surprising to serve both with beverages – as appetizers – or coffee, to extend voluptuous pleasure and indulgence of dessert. These Foie Gras Macaroons are a more “elegant” dish to accompany your Christmas preparations. “
Preparation Time: 1:30
Cooking time: about 35 minutes
Freezing: 24 mn
Ingredients Iced Foie Gras Macaroonsrecipe
For about 10 macaroons:
220 g of almond white
220 g of icing sugar
100 g of gingerbread
6 eggs whites
55 g caster sugar end
Ingredients for the foie gras ice cream:
- 15 cl of milk over
- 5 g of milk powder (0% fat)
- 40 grams of duck foie gras , cooked in bulk
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g caster sugar end
- 5 g Dextrose
- 5 cl Porto red
- A few pinches of gold flakes food
- A food processor
- Electric mixer
- An ice cream maker
- Flexible plastic spatula
- A pastry bag (No. 10)
- Parchment paper
- Grid pin
Preparation of Macaroons:
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C.
- Peel and finely grind the almonds with the icing sugar and gingerbread (detailed in pieces) in the food processor.
- Then add in the preparation of 60 g egg whites and mix until a smooth paste.
- Pour gently then beat the remaining egg whites to rise slightly in snow by adding small doses of caster sugar.
- Gradually incorporate the egg white beaten to the ground almonds and work preparation to obtain a homogeneous smooth paste using a flexible spatula.
- Lay the dough in compression into the pastry bag.
- Cover the baking sheet from oven with a sheet of parchment paper and then to form buttons by compressing the pastry bag.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven (lower the temperature thereof at 180 ° C) for medium 15 to 20 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the macaroons from the oven and gently loosen the parchment paper.
- Set aside on wire baking rack , leaving them completely cool.
Preparation of foie gras ice cream:
- Heat the milk (moderately, to about 30 ° C) in a non-stick skillet by adding milk powder and foie gras cut into small dice.
- Mix, then as soon as the foie gras melted in milk, bring to medium heat then add the egg yolk, sugar and dextrose.
- Cook a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix preparation, filter and allow to cool. Add the port wine, stir and then put in ice cream maker for making like a sorbet.
- Book obtained ice in the freezer.
Finishing and presentation:
- Have the equivalent of a small scoop of ice cream with foie gras on a button and then cover it with a second badge. Press lightly to compress.
- Repeat the process for the manufacture of other buttons.
- Set aside in freezer until ready to serve, decorated with gold glitter.
Ideas, tips & tricks
These “luxury” macaroons perfectly accompany champagne at the time of aperitif .