The ultimate refresher for a summer party! This frozen cantaloupe margarita packs a lot of flavor and sweetness, thanks to the melon simple syrup. A blender or food processor is only what you need to make this easy boozy slushie.
Ingredients list for the Frozen Cantaloupe Margarita
For the Margarita
- 2 cups fresh cantaloupe, diced
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups ice, preferably crushed
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
The melon simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh cantaloupe, diced
- 3 teaspoons sugar or honey
For the simple syrup:
In a saucepan, combine melon cubes, sugar and a few tablespoons of water. Heat to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the melon is completely softened and candied, and the juice has a syrupy texture. Filter through a strainer and set aside in a glass container.
For the cocktail:
In a blender, combine the tequila, Cointreau, melon cubes and lime juice. Add ice and blend, starting on the lowest setting and increasing to the highest setting. Add more ice if you desire a thicker consistency. Pour the frozen Margarita into chilled glasses and garnish with mint and the simple melon syrup.
- If you can, use crushed ice. Your Margarita will blend easier and make a smoother slushie.
- Take the time to pre-chill your spirits and juice, so that the ice remains cold and doesn’t quickly dilute the drink when you mix it.
- If you prefer a less boozy version, simply add more ice and a bigger splash of simple melon syrup.