What would you think of a tasty quinoa salad with crunchy vegetables? Ideal for lunch when you don ‘t have much time before coming back at work and especially when your shape line ask for lightness.
About quantities, I must admit that it is mostly about the… nothing specific. However, I will try to give you a few proportions.
Ingredients list for the quinoa salad recipe
For 4 persons:
- 1/2lb (200g) quinoa
- 3/4lb (250g) green beans
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 avocados
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
… And why not some chives?
1. Cook the quinoa. Give it a good wash before cooking because quinoa can be bitter. You can cook quinoa with your pressure cooker with double volume of water with a pinch of salt for 9 minutes. Book.
2. Cook the green beans with steam to keep all their crispness. Once cooked, cut beans into chunks.
3. Wash tomatoes and cut them into 4. Peel the cucumber and cut it into small dices. Finely chop the shallot. Cut the avocados in quarters and cover with lemon juice to prevent them from darkening.
4. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing a teaspoon of mustard, three tablespoons of olive oil (flavored with lemon for me), 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 pinch of salt and peppercorn together.
5. When the quinoa and beans are cooled, mix all ingredients and pour the dressing over. Eventually, sprinkle with chopped chives. Do not forget the pumpkin seeds because they essential to provide the crunchy side to this very simple salad.
- Quinoa salad with smoked salmon
- Red curry prawns with quinoa gnocchis
- Quinoa and leeks patties
- Quinoa and chicken salad
- Quinoa and almonds cookies
Read also: vanilla canneles recipe