Quinoa and Leek Patties : a great recipe suitable for vegetarians because it contains no animal products beside eggs. Quinoa is a cereal rich in iron, magnesium and vegetable protein, which is an excellent substitute for meat.
Ingredients Quinoa and Leek Patties
For 6 Persons
- 4 cup (400 g) quinoa
- 3 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Salt, pepper
Preparation Quinoa and Leek Patties
1. Rinse quinoa under cold running water. Cook in a pot of boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Wash and finely chop the leeks. Peel and grate carrots. Wash, pat dry, and chop the parsley thinly.
3. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the leeks and carrots for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Combine quinoa, carrots, leeks, eggs and parsley. Form small patties.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan and cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
7. Drain on paper towels and transfer onto a serving dish.
8. Serve hot, warm or cold with a green salad.
Quinoa is a grain with many benefits that comes from the Altiplano in the Andes. The major nutritional value is in its high protein, iron, magnesium and fiber content. As part of a low-calorie diet it is important to ensure a good source of protein to maintain lean mass (muscle).