I found this recipe in Saveur magazine: It was tweaked a little bit as friends with gluten allergies wouldn’t be frustrated. It can be very difficult to do it without wheat. Butter was also replaced with hazelnut oil. So the recipe contains no dairy products at all.
What ingredients you will need for the quinoa and almond cookies
- 1 vanilla pod
- 0.3 pound (150g) quinoa
- 1.25 cups (30cl) soy milk (or almond milk or rice milk)
- 0.25 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 0.25 cup (40g) cornstarch
- 0.20 cup (40g) sugar (preferably brown)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) of hazelnut oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 oz (80g) chopped almonds (or slivered)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
Preparation: quinoa and almond cookies
1. Rinse quinoa under cold water in a sieve to remove the bitter saponin (essential).
2. Pour into a saucepan with soy milk and splitted vanilla bean. Heat over low heat until the quinoa has absorbed the milk and vanilla.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and almond powder. Add egg and oil and the chopped almonds. Film with a plastic wrap and let stand one hour in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C).
5. Place small mounds of dough on a non-stick tray and crush them with the back of a large spoon. Bake for 12 minutes.
6. Wait for the cookies are cooled before eating (it’s tastier).