This light, crisp and refreshing combo with crisp fennel, celery and radish is your new got-to healthy salad. Combine it with a bright lemon and olive oil vinaigrette and some toasted sunflower seeds and you have a delicious lunch or a first course for dinner!
Ingredients list for the fennel salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 fennel bulbs (white and light green parts only)
- 1-2 celery stalks + leaves
- 4 spring onions
- 8-10 radishes
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 5 sprigs of mint
- 5 sprigs of flat parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Wash vegetables and herbs, peel the onions.
2. Finely chop fennel and celery stalks. Chop herbs and slice radishes. Dry roast sunflower seeds in a skillet until fragrant. Chop spring onion.
3. Mix lemon juice with olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss all of the ingredients with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Note: Before cutting the vegetables, soak them in a bowl of ice-cold water with ice cubes to make them extra crunchy.